Here is your opportunity to join the NAAAP Boston leadership team!
As a part of NAAAP National, our NAAAP Boston Chapter has been active for more than 30 years. We are one of the largest and best known Asian American professional associations in Greater Boston, with more than 300 members, a subscriber list of 2,000, 20 Corporate and In-kind Sponsors, and dozens of community and diversity affiliations and partners.
We are opening a call for nominations to join our Board of Directors (BoD). As a NAAAP Boston BoD Member, you will work closely with the Executive Officers and other Board members to help set NAAAP Boston policy and direction, as well as identify strategic areas for growth. Specifically, you will contribute towards the Chapter’s branding, financial governance, and recruiting and talent development efforts, including succession planning, development/ evaluation, and support of our volunteer leaders. As a Board Member, you will be guiding the organization in carrying out the NAAAP mission.
- Strongly resonate with NAAAP Boston’s mission of building leadership capability in the Asian American professionals community
- Have proven leadership ability, and at least 15 years professional or non-profit experience
- Carry out the position for a two-year term, beginning at the start of the calendar year 2018
- Demonstrate drive and dedication, by attending at least 75% of meetings per calendar year (meetings held monthly)
- Have an ability to commit approximately 10-15 hrs a month
- An annual contribution of $200, within the first six months of service; which can be fulfilled by a personal donation or fundraising
- Be open to informal mentoring relationships with the Chapter's volunteer leaders
- Represent NAAAP Boston at signature events throughout the year and serve as an ambassador at events in the Greater Boston community
- Participate in and in some cases lead committees regarding strategic initiatives linked to the overall goals of NAAAP Boston
- Assist in providing connections to resources; i.e., suggesting a speaker for events, or providing sponsorship/partnership leads, and recruitment of additional members of the BoD
To inquire further
Please send by October 13 your contact information and brief comments about your professional and/or community experience to BoD Chair James.Fong@naaapboston.org