NAAAP Boston Future Leader Award Scholarship Application 2020
The National Association of Asian American Professionals - Boston Chapter (NAAAP Boston) is pleased to present our 2020 Future Leader Award Scholarship to recognize outstanding high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership qualities inside and outside of the classroom. This scholarship is a product of the combined efforts of NAAAP Boston and the generosity of corporate sponsors, community leaders, and individual donors.
All applications will be reviewed by the NAAAP Boston Scholarship Committee and will be judged based on:
- Leadership Experience
- Community Service
- Academic Achievement
- Extracurricular Activities
- Essay Responses (reflecting thoughtfulness and effort)
- Financial Need
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a current senior high school student in Massachusetts and will enroll as a full-time undergraduate student in a four-year U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2020
Award Application Instructions and Rules
To apply for the scholarship, please submit the following application items:
- Scholarship application form (use one of the application links below, depending on whether you prefer to use a Google account)
- Two 250-500 word essay responses
- Two letters of recommendation from non-relatives who are familiar with the applicant's work
(Letters must be sent via email or mail directly from a school, employer, charitable foundation, government organization/agency, etc.)
- Unofficial copy of a SAT or ACT report
- Unofficial copy of a FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Unofficial High School Transcript
The deadline for this scholarship application is Friday, February 28th, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Finalists will be notified around March for in-person interviews. Scholarship recipients are invited to attend the scholarship award ceremony in June 2020.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact [email protected]. Please also refer to the FAQs below for more information.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
(must have a gmail account to apply)
Scholarship Application Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQs”)
1. I am a student from another country. Can I apply?
You must be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States to apply.
2. I am not full Asian. Can I apply?
Yes, as long as you also meet all other criteria.
3. I am a DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and am not eligible for financial aid. Can I still apply?
Yes, you can still apply. Please submit your parents’ current income tax documents along with your
4. Is there a minimum GPA or SAT/ACT score requirement to apply for the scholarship?
No, there is no minimum GPA or SAT/ACT score requirement to apply for the scholarship.
5. How do I know that my application was received?
You will receive an email notification once we check all applications shortly after the deadline.
6. What is the deadline? Do you accept late applications?
All scholarship application materials must be received by February 28th, 2020. We will only review
7. How much is your scholarship award?
The precise number and amount of awards each year depend on our applicant pool and
funding. Historically, we have provided scholarship awards of $2,500 and $5,000 to student winners.
Terms and Conditions
NAAAP Boston reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
All rights reserved.
2017 Scholarship Luncheon
2017 Scholarship Winners